Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pay Your Son’s Tuition Fee with a Logo Design

“Dad! You had told me you’d pay the tuition fee” He yelled disappointedly and hopelessly as the tears came out of his eyes.

“All my friends are going to Harvard. I can’t go to a local community college just because you are not going to pay for my college education. You can’t do this to me, you can’t mess up my life” He cried harder.

“What about my dreams dad? Have you thought about this for a second? My life will be ruined” He screamed desperately, stood up and ran upstairs.

His father took off the glasses, took a deep breath and started looking at the ceiling. He tried to remember the past when everything was good and everyone in the family was happy. Then, all of a sudden, something happened to the family business. Sales declined, profits decreased and their lives became miserable.

He muttered, “How did the sales go down? What went wrong with my business?”

He wore his glasses again and continued thinking. “Sales were good, profits were high, I was in a much better position than my competitors, then what happened all of a sudden?”

He sat there for a couple of hours, trying to figure out what he could do to get his business back on its feet.

Then… All of a sudden… He stood up with utter excitement. His face lit up with happiness and his eyes shone with delight.

He ran to his son’s room and screamed happily, “Son! I will pay your tuition fee. You will go to Harvard my son. Yes, you will”.

He then ran to his computer and emailed his Marketing Manager:

Dear Steve,

I know why our sales declined.

I know why we witnessed such a massive downfall.

Do you remember it all happened after we changed our logo design? Our previous logo design was much better, but unfortunately the “Web 2.0” trend blinded us completely and we changed the logo.

Let’s bring the old logo design back and let’s tell our competitors, we are back in the game.

After our profits increase, I will be able to pay my son’s tuition fee. I will make my son and my family happy. My son is now going to Harvard!

Let’s do it.

Regards,

Adam McCain
CEO

What do we learn from this story?

If your sales are going down after changing your logo design, then you need to bring the old one back.

If your sales are not good enough even though you haven’t done anything to your logo design, you need a new top quality logo design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails