Sunday, December 5, 2010

Logo Design Saved Martin’s Life

“Hey Martin, let’s go man. We are already late.” Sean walked in to Martin’s apartment and screamed really loudly.

Martin was in the drawing room, staring at a beautiful logo design in a photo frame on the wall.

“Not again dude.” Sean said. “Don’t tell me you are looking at this logo again and meditating. What’s up with you and this logo? Why are you so obsessed with it?”

Martin looked at Sean and smiled.

Martin said, “Yes Sean, you must be tired of me staring at this logo design all the time. To tell you the truth, if it wasn’t for this logo, I wouldn’t be here now. This logo saved my life when I went to Nigeria to explore the country.”

“Oh…” Sean was startled to hear that. He said, “You never told me about it. How and what happened?”

Martin said, “I’ll tell you some other time. We are getting late, so let’s go now.”

“No, no, no, no…” Sean walked towards the sofa to sit and said, “We are not going anywhere until you tell me this story.”

Martin smiled, nodded his head and said, “Ok. Let me go and get something to eat and then I’ll tell you the story.”

Martin came back in less than 5 minutes and sat in front of Sean. He then began his story.

“About 10 years ago, I won a lottery and thought about visiting a few countries. Nigeria was one of them. I went with a group of tourists, so I’d get good company and save a few bucks too.”

He continued, “Our first destination was Australia. We stayed there for 5 days. Then, we went to Nigeria. We reached there on Monday. Then, Tuesday morning, I went for a walk with a fellow tourist to see the city. As I was walking, I saw this beautiful logo design on a really big billboard. I stopped immediately.”

He coughed and continued, “As I stopped, my friend stopped as well. I told him that I had never seen such a beautiful logo design in my life before. Then, somehow, I unintentionally looked down and noticed that there was a gutter there and the manhole cover was missing. Had I taken one more stop, I’d have fallen in the gutter and die as it was really deep.”

“Oh Martin…” Sean said as the tears came out of his eyes.

Sean said, “Martin, as you are my only friend in this world, I would be alone if it wasn’t for this logo.”

Sean then looked at the logo and said, “Martin, I would like to spend a few minutes with you staring at this logo. My life would be all dark without it.”

Then both Martin and Sean spent about half an hour staring at the logo design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails